Saturday, July 3, 2010

31 And Counting

2:32 a.m. July 3, 1979 I became a mother for the first time. A long awaited event to end in hurt beyond imagination. A life experience where I knew for sure that the plan of salvation was true, that my Heavenly Father was aware of my needs and that everything would be alright. My little sweetheart, perfect in every way, I missed her more than words could say. That life experience helped Don become a good father. When Jenna was born, he held her to get to know her, he was cheated of that chance with Damara. So today, I celebrated Damara's birthday. I am still the one that misses her, would love to have had the opportunity to watch her grow and become an adult as my other kids have done. I know I will have that opportunity still, depending on my worthiness and some days it doesn't look so good.

This morning I was out early weed eating when Kamryn pops out in her pajamas and looks at the mail box and said "grandma, I'm going to check your e-mail, ok?" - I chuckled because I know more than once she has asked me "what are you doing grandma?" only to hear, "I'm checking my e-mails".

Rode in the parade with the ATV club once again and gosh there was huge crowds up and down main street all the way to the Springerville Circle K. The most awesome float of all was the Abraham Lincoln by the Eagar 3rd Ward. He stood and he sat all under the direction of Dale Goodman and Steve Hamblin. Breathtaking, in a word!

After the parade we went for our annual cook out at mom's and dad's. Lynns family was there except Tim who was working. Met Jay's wife, Lynea (sp) beautiful girl from Mexico and she and Jay are HAPPY!

Had a cookout at my house for supper and then we waited for the fireworks to start. Kamryn and Trentin thought they were pretty cool. Sadie on the other hand, was just about to have a melt down. Freak dog! The final display was absolutely awesome, and I didn't get a picture of it. Want a good camera so I can mess with settings and get some good shots.

I have tried to explain to Kamryn we are celebrating America's birthday. Not quite there yet, but if we keep discussing it, maybe one day it will stick. I talked to her about Aunt Damara, she has heard of death, and in some ways she is worried about it and others curious about it. She thinks only old people die and sometimes worries when I tell her I am getting old that I am going to die. I reassure her that I won't any time soon. Oh these little people and the things they worry about.

Jenna and Weston camped with his family for the 4th. Didn't get to see them and was disappointed that I didn't. I know the kids had a ball camping and playing with Matthew and Lauren.

Tad had to work and only has the 4th off so he didn't come home. I haven't seen him in a while and I miss him.

Loriel had to work, too. Haven't seen her since October at Ralph's funeral. Time flies and life is so demanding sometimes.

I hope all had a good 4th. I did. Many moments to reflect on my blessings and am grateful for each and every one of them and of you!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. We did too. I always love reading your blog and reading about your goings on. I love all your pictures on the side as well! I saw you in the parade and got a picture of you, but I think you turned your head just as I did. I tried to holler at you, but I don't think you heard me! :)

My Favorite Books (So Far)

  • Anything by Neal A. Maxwell
  • Captains & The Kings - Taylor Caldwell
  • Erma Bombeck
  • Heaven & Hell - John Jakes
  • Love & War - John Jakes
  • North & South - John Jakes
  • The Dwelling Place - Catherine Cookson

About Me

My photo
Crazy grandma, obsessed with scrapbooking everything in her kids' lives and then some!