Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Going to Do Better?

I didn't do real well on keeping up last year and have determined I will try to do better this year.  I got sick with cold/flu the middle of December and it literally kicked my butt.  December was a blur and I certainly did not enjoy the holidays.  Birthday season literally starts January 2nd and goes from there.  I turned 58 and that sounds old.  I know I'm getting older and it is a little alarming to sometimes realize that I feel my time is getting shorter.  There is so much I don't want to miss out on with my grandkids.  They would be fine without me but I don't think I would be fine without them.  These 8 little guys totally and absolutely hold my heart in their hands in a way I never imagined.  I am truly blessed beyond measure.  I share my birthday with a couple of friends, Elecia Henderson and Sophie Hetrick and a cousin, Jeanie McCall.  Weston's birthday comes on the 17th and that is Margaret's birthday, too.  I fiddled around and almost missed wishing them a happy birthday text.  That is one thing about technology if by accident you do forget something you can still make it the same day...that's good but it also makes me trashy because before emails and texting I would have had a nice card in the mail for their birthdays.  I'm gonna try to do better on that this year.  I am in the Valley for Bailey's 5th birthday TODAY!   Her party was on Saturday and I brought Kamryn and Trentin down for the weekend and drove them back to Globe to meet Troy & Maggie yesterday.  Bailey is a sweetheart.  Last night I was sitting on the couch watching her play games on my phone and she asked me to pick up my arm and put it around her.  She snuggled in real tight and I loved it. 

We had Ryker several days since Christmas and it is so fun.  He loves to have his picture taken and is quite the technology junkie.  He loves to push buttons on the phone, the fax machine, the remote control, anything and everything.  He loves his daddy and he loves music.  Tad plays the guitar and sings to him and Ryker will dance or try to play the guitar, too.  He is a sweet little guy and I still am so sad that he is growing up in a broken home.  It just isn't fair or what I want for any of my grandkids.  Cache is back in preschool and since Chelsea told him Tad isn't his dad he doesn't get to come as often as Ryker but I'll take him anytime I can get him.  He too is a sweet little boy.

Troy and Maggie have moved back into their house and trying to make a go of their marriage and I am so thankful to both of them for what they are trying to do for their family.  I pray that they will continue to work at it and make a happy home for their kids.  The new baby will be here before we know it and Kamryn and Trentin are getting excited to meet their new little brother. 

Weston and Jenna are working hard to make their business go and I am so proud of them.  They are helping me financially right now and I am so grateful and also how do I say so sorry to be a burden on them.  Hopefully my social security appeal will be approved and I can get back to normal, whatever normal is.  I am grateful that I can come and spend time with these grandkids who make my world go round.  Gunnar is so obedient and such a sweet little boy.  He is getting so tall and is going to be so handsome.  His blue eyes just melt my heart.  He is enjoying school and wrestling and his world is opening up...he enjoys some friends in the neighborhood now and at school and wrestling.  He will be turning 7 before long and it is so fun to watch him grow.

Bailey is a quirky little girl.  She likes what she likes, is sure about what she likes, sure about what she doesn't like even if she's never tried it before and is a girl after my own heart.  She likes to do "crap projects" and cook and paint and...  She will come out of a deep sleep for food and will wait up until midnight if necessary for ice cream.  She LOVES treats no matter the time of day or night. 

Brinley is our little kook.  She is so funny and sweet and kooky and crazy all in one.  You NEVER know what she is going to say or do or wear or how many times she will change clothes.  Jenna had her dressed in a cute outfit.  I took a 10 minute shower and looked down the hall and she was stripped down to her diaper.  She told her mother she wasn't getting dressed today.  Jenna finally convinced her to wear the "punzel" princess dress for the day otherwise it really could have been just a diaper.  

Presley will be 1 on the 4th of February.  She can walk, she just won't.  We all are so excited when she takes a few steps but that doesn't do a thing for her.  I guess she'll walk when she's ready and not before.  She is a sweet baby and a good baby.  She looks just like Jenna did and has Jenna's hair.  It is good to see that, to remember my own sweet baby. 

Kamryn is quiet and sometimes a little sassy.  She loves to come to Jenna's and hates to go home.  She truly loves her cousins and loves to play with Gunnar and Bailey.  She likes to help Brinley or Presley I think it makes her feel "older"...

Trentin is our football fanatic and such a sweet little boy.  He likes coming to Jenna's too, but it doesn't take him long to miss his mom or dad.  He like Gunnar just has a true sweet nature and it is sweet and pulls on my heartstrings at the same time.  Sweet little guys have tender feelings that get hurt too easily.

Cache is growing so fast and is so smart.  He loves to play with Kamryn and Trentin.  We don't get to see him as much as we used to but we still love having him every chance we get.  He is in preschool and is loving it.  Tad was thrilled when Chelsea told him she was putting him back in preschool - that means we hope, that she's sticking around for awhile.

Ryker is a sweet little boy who is the apple of his daddy's eye.  Tad loves him so much.  Ryker likes to just hang out and it has been so cold I haven't let him out of the house but he sure does chatter and want outside all of the time.  I think he will be like Tad and only come in when it's too dark to see.

Eight, that's all eight of them.  They make my world go round.  I truly loved being a mother and am so sad for the many mistakes I made with my kids.  I wish I could take it back and I wish I could  be the mother they need and want.  I am proud of them and am grateful for the good people they are and pray that they have all that they need. 

January is fast coming to an end and before we know it the February birthdays hit us...Tad, Presley, Gunnar and Grandpa and Grandma Rogers' 60th Wedding Anniversary.  Oh heck, maybe I better take a nap and get rested up :o)

No comments:

My Favorite Books (So Far)

  • Anything by Neal A. Maxwell
  • Captains & The Kings - Taylor Caldwell
  • Erma Bombeck
  • Heaven & Hell - John Jakes
  • Love & War - John Jakes
  • North & South - John Jakes
  • The Dwelling Place - Catherine Cookson

About Me

My photo
Crazy grandma, obsessed with scrapbooking everything in her kids' lives and then some!