Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hate the Wind... but I've lost 11 pounds (not wind related)

<>

We are now starting our third week of wind here and I am getting pi*$ed! Look how dry my grass is getting ... and you can't water when the wind is blowing so hard - it ends up in Concho or somewhere else anywhere but where you want it. I'm TIRED of the wind, TIRED of the cold. I WANT June, you know those beautiful days that slowly warm to hot to bring the monsoons on?...yah, those.

On another note, Hank, Debbie and I started the HCG diet on Thursday the 4th. Thursday and Friday were the "load" days and Saturday we started the 500 calorie diet. I am EXCITED to say that as of this morning I've lost 11 pounds! It isn't the easiest thing to do, I mean have you ever seen me without a coke in my hand? But it is soooo worth it! Hopefully really soon you will notice that you are seeing less of me :o)
We had a good church today...speakers were all good speaking on Forgiveness. That's something I need to work on once in a while. Most of the time it is easy for me, other times it isn't. Doesn't matter what it is, we are commanded to forgive 70x7...Linda reminded us that it is Flag Day today, I had forgotten especially since the scouts didn't put flags up this morning.
Darlene's mother Mickey Holliday passed away on Thursday and her funeral is in the morning. Darlene has been such a sweet friend and I am so sorry for her loss. We took her mother to Taylor the Monday before Memorial Day so she could put flowers on her family's graves. Who knew that in less than a month we would be going back for Mickey to be placed there with her family. I've "known" the Hollidays forever. My Grandpa Gilliam and Uncles Ray, Bobby and Dennis all cut logs for Ira Holliday back in the day when logging was big business here. Now the mill is running again and I am thrilled when I hear the machinery working across the way. Somebody has a job and once in a while I get a whiff of new saw dust and it takes me back to my childhood.
Hope all is well with everyone. Have a good week and pray that the wind quits blowing before Mo Mo Sadie goes postal!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a GREAT post =) I HATE the wind too...this is the strangest June EVER!! Congrats on losing 11 pounds, thats AWESOME....I'm not sure I could go without a coke (I need to try though)! I agree about sacrament meeting, it was a good one! Forgiveness can be a hard one sometimes!! Have a WONDERFUL week! (I'm with ya on praying for the wind to STOP)!!

My Favorite Books (So Far)

  • Anything by Neal A. Maxwell
  • Captains & The Kings - Taylor Caldwell
  • Erma Bombeck
  • Heaven & Hell - John Jakes
  • Love & War - John Jakes
  • North & South - John Jakes
  • The Dwelling Place - Catherine Cookson

About Me

My photo
Crazy grandma, obsessed with scrapbooking everything in her kids' lives and then some!