Sunday, October 25, 2009

Primary Program

Today was our ward's Primary Program. I got settled in and when all of the kids got up on the stand I almost cried. I grew to love those kids when I worked in the Primary and to see them today sing all of the songs we worked on all year and to do their little speaking parts just made my heart miss them so much. They sang so LOUD - thanks to Brother Smith. He has done an amazing job with the kids. It was truly a fun thing to watch and enjoy. I am grateful for the opportunity that I had to work with them and with the teachers and Amie, Jodi and Mia.

Some of the primary kids at my last primary activity. They had sundaes...

Went on a quad ride on Saturday. Todd and Carmen organized a "night" ride - we took part of the Hank Sharp ride and others and rode to Alpine, ate at Bear Wallow and came back home. It was dark when we left Alpine and we made some good time getting home - just about 2 1/2 hours. It wasn't too cold and I had a good time with some good people. We put on our cold gear in the Bear Wallow parking lot - I felt like the little kid on A Christmas Story - you know the one that couldn't move...well that's how I felt with my clothes and cold gear on. I stayed warm, had a good time and that's all that mattered.

This weekend will be Halloween. It will be fun to see the neices and nephews in their costumes. You never know what to plan on for Trick-or-Treat - some years they eat you out of house and home and others you only see a handful. Basha's is doing the hot dogs and hot chocolate in their parking lot and the church parking lot will be trunk or treat. Sonic is doing 50 cent corn dogs that night, too.

Fall is here, and I didn't get out on the mountain to see the fall leaves. Yesterday, most of the leaves were off the trees. I then focused on the possible Christmas trees and if you could get in to get some of them in December, WOW!

I am always amazed and grateful for the beauties that surround me. I love the mountain, love the seasons. I appreciate the desert beauty. I am in awe of the ocean. I know that these creations are only a small part of what Heavenly Father created for us. I am grateful that I am wise enough at this point to appreciate them and love them and to recognize the blessing of them.


Have a great week. Love to all.

1 comment:

grandmadebbie said...

I Love You!!! thanks for the wonderful posts . I love reading your blog you keep me close to Home and all the great memories we have had.I will never forget those long nights and great laughs.... love Debbie

My Favorite Books (So Far)

  • Anything by Neal A. Maxwell
  • Captains & The Kings - Taylor Caldwell
  • Erma Bombeck
  • Heaven & Hell - John Jakes
  • Love & War - John Jakes
  • North & South - John Jakes
  • The Dwelling Place - Catherine Cookson

About Me

My photo
Crazy grandma, obsessed with scrapbooking everything in her kids' lives and then some!