Thursday, October 29, 2009

First Snow

Woke up to a beautiful morning yesterday. Fresh fallen snow made everything look magical. I put Ali and Sadie out - Sadie has always loved the snow. This was Ali's first snow and she loved it. Made me enjoy the snow even more watching a dang dog learn about the world around her. It was cold all day long - hated to go out. Hated to have to go get wood in. That's the one thing about winter I don't like. Having to build fires. I wish there was an affordable alternative. By the time spring comes I am so SICK of the ashes, wood, dust mess from fires. Although there is absolutely nothing better than sitting in your easy chair feeling the warmth of the fire and watching a movie or reading a book. I guess I'm nuts.

Bottom line...I'm in awe of the beauties that surround me. I am in awe of the grandkids exploring and discovering their world. I am even in awe of a dog exploring her world. Maybe I have too much time on my hands. Love to all.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I hate ashes and mess, but love nice warm fires on cold days too! This was such a pretty snow. It has been so cold, but I have enjoyed the snow... I don't know why though... I've been griping about being jipped out of summer for 2 months now! LOL :*) PS - I love that you love watching your dog in the snow!

My Favorite Books (So Far)

  • Anything by Neal A. Maxwell
  • Captains & The Kings - Taylor Caldwell
  • Erma Bombeck
  • Heaven & Hell - John Jakes
  • Love & War - John Jakes
  • North & South - John Jakes
  • The Dwelling Place - Catherine Cookson

About Me

My photo
Crazy grandma, obsessed with scrapbooking everything in her kids' lives and then some!