Sunday, August 31, 2008

Feeling Neglected

Maggie was talking to Jenna the other day and they asked when I was going to be through with the Jamboree. They were feeling neglected and wanted to know where their mother is. Other than my kids, church, and scrapping this is the thing I do for me. I try to jump through hoops when my kids need something. I try to fulfill my church callings. I scrapbook to keep a history for my kids and the jamboree my one selfish "me" thing.

Anybody else noticed that our weather has a definite "fall" feeling to it this past week? I do love our falls here but my favorite is summer. The sun rises early and sets late. I feel better when it is warmer and seem to have more energy.

Did take a couple of hours on Friday and scrapped with Bonnie and Terry. I got Trentin's newborn album done and from that point on the other albums I do of the kids and grandkids will be theirs probably when I die. That's their inheritance -

The Jamboree starts on Tuesday but I will be working the Eagar Precinct Primary Election. I have been doing that for 12 years and do enjoy working the elections. I have learned a lot and it feels good to serve in that capacity. Pay isn't anything for the hours put in so it is service. I have a good crew I like to work with. Again, I have made some new friends in this capacity, too. My circle of friends grew after I took my leave of absence from work. With work, my family, church, and any service every minute of every day was taken. Now that I have a little more time, I enjoy my lunch dates with the girls from work, birthday lunches with my circle of friends and just visiting when I see people around town.

There are so many positive things about living in a small town, a few negatives...like limited shopping, but I couldn't imagine raising my kids anywhere else. I am sad that there aren't more work opportunities here for some of our kids that have to live in the valley to make a living. But, that does make coming home special.

I haven't had time to even blog stock hope all of you are well. Miss checking in on you and seeing what is going on in your lives. I do care - have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think it's great that you get to have a little fun once in a while! This post makes me miss living in a small town.

*Ashley said...

Aw, I miss the "fall" feeling in Round Valley!! It always reminds me of school starting and new clothes and good stuff! You should start posting pics of your scrapbook pages! I'd love to see them!!

My Favorite Books (So Far)

  • Anything by Neal A. Maxwell
  • Captains & The Kings - Taylor Caldwell
  • Erma Bombeck
  • Heaven & Hell - John Jakes
  • Love & War - John Jakes
  • North & South - John Jakes
  • The Dwelling Place - Catherine Cookson

About Me

My photo
Crazy grandma, obsessed with scrapbooking everything in her kids' lives and then some!