Friday, July 31, 2009

Home Again

After spending 8 days in the Valley I am home again. Glad to be here in some ways and sad to leave Jenna and the kids. Gunnar was so sad when Jenna told him I had to go home yesterday. I felt so bad. He wanted to come home with Mo Mo Sadie. I wish that he could have.

From the looks of things, it's been hot and DRY! My yard looks like the gypsies have moved in. I bet Brother Stroud is thinking "what's up across the street?" I know when you look at his yard and then across the street to my yard it's like the grass is greener on the other side of the street.

Kamryn was glad to see her grandma yesterday. I was glad to see her, too. She stayed and played and then we went to get a drink at Sonic. I love being a grandma, it truly is one of the greatest blessings of my life. I always felt/feel so inadequate as a mother and want more than anything to be a good grandma that my grandkids love to be around.

When I saw Trentin yesterday evening he was so cute...that kid has the BIGGEST sweetest smiles ever, he just melts your heart.

Bailey boo is a treasure. She doesn't take crap from ANYONE...and has the quirkiest personality ever. Jenna and Weston are gonna have their hands full with that one and I'm gonna love it.

I have FOUR of the most amazing grandkids ever. I know every Grandma feels that way. I am in total awe of them and their personalities and their spirits. They absolutely and positively make my heart hurt with LOVE.

On a really grand note...I have lost 23.8 pounds and LOVE it! Maintenance is so enlightening and I am learning so much about my body. Hope everyone else doin HCG is enjoying the journey.

I have lots to do today, but I was thinking about my kids and grandkids and here I sit on my butt at the computer.

Hope THEY all have a good day. Hope YOU all have a good day. Love to all.

No comments:

My Favorite Books (So Far)

  • Anything by Neal A. Maxwell
  • Captains & The Kings - Taylor Caldwell
  • Erma Bombeck
  • Heaven & Hell - John Jakes
  • Love & War - John Jakes
  • North & South - John Jakes
  • The Dwelling Place - Catherine Cookson

About Me

My photo
Crazy grandma, obsessed with scrapbooking everything in her kids' lives and then some!